develooper Front page | perl.makemaker | Postings from May 2003

Re: How do you force make to overwrite all files upon make install?

From:
Nick Ing-Simmons
Date:
May 2, 2003 04:03
Re: How do you force make to overwrite all files upon make install?
Message ID:
20030502110340.1746.3@bactrian.elixent.com
Dh <crazyinsomniac@yahoo.com> writes:

>It's simple. Why should I bother checking to see if the files have changed, if
>all I want is to blindly overwrite regardless. Why should I have to resort to
>touching all the files or uninstalling (which is iffy) so I can essentially
>blindly overwrite ?

But why do you want to blindly overwrite?
(And if file is byte-identical and has had its time-stamp matched how
can you tell?)

--
Nick Ing-Simmons http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/