develooper Front page | perl.macperl.webcgi | Postings from February 2006

cgi file location problem

From:
T-n-T
Date:
February 17, 2006 17:06
Subject:
cgi file location problem
Message ID:
perl.macperl.webcgi-214@nntp.perl.org
Hello. Thank you for at least reading this. I am new to the list and new to
perl. I really don't know any programming languages per se. I do minimal
stuff with Runtime Revolution, Supercard, Applescript. But really just
enough to accomplish the task I need/want done. Well...enough...I know
enough to get by.

I am trying to get this cgi to run locally, unconnected to net and using
MacHTTP. So far so good. I got macPerl and Explorer and MacHttp to all work
together. Sweet! Now I have another problem.

I have a cgi that generates random (meaningless) words that resemble a
dialect of some sort. OK, it runs on tripod.
http://maddogandnoriko.tripod.com/namer.html. You pict the 'dialect' and
generate some words based on a rules file. When I run this cgi here on my
mac though I get an erorr saying it can't find the data or "rules" file. I
put the site into the machttp folder. Any help? Thanks a bunch.

Lildog AKA todd