develooper Front page | perl.macperl.porters | Postings from April 2003

Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Current MakeMaker likely completely broken on MacPerl

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
April 7, 2003 05:08
Re: [MacPerl-Porters] Current MakeMaker likely completely broken on MacPerl
Message ID:
p05200f05bab71ac52535@[10.0.1.104]
At 20:56 -0700 2003.04.06, Michael G Schwern wrote:
>Lemme just remind everyone that as of 6.06_01 MakeMaker is likely to be
>completely broke on MacPerl.  There have been huge code changes between
>6.05 and the current version, 6.10_01.  I don't have an MPW setup to try
>it out on and I've given up trying to keep ExtUtils::MM_MacOS in sync.
>
>I haven't heard any comment from MacPerl users about MakeMaker for months
>so I figured I'd just fire off another flare to see if there's any
>interest.  The longer it remains broken the further it will drift and
>the more painful it will be to fix.

What is the current version in maint-5.8/perl?  Whatever is in there was
tested somewhat a few weeks ago.  Apart from that, if someone wants to
write a bunch of tests for Mac::Carbon, I can make time to test MakeMaker

Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/