develooper Front page | perl.macperl.porters | Postings from March 2003

Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl 5.6.1r2 installation

From:
Bart Lateur
Date:
March 30, 2003 09:58
Re: [MacPerl] MacPerl 5.6.1r2 installation
Message ID:
oibe8v8ac1t9359ghp7v2u112oo137fh5p@4ax.com
On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 08:33:24 +0100, louis wrote:

>i just download the "MacPerl 5.6.1r2 Full Installer" in the Mac OS Classic
>(pre-X) section. but it's impossible to expend this binarie archive.
>
>my os is 8.6, carbonLib 1.6 and stuffit 7.0.1.
>
>i look at the type/creator of the downloaded file and see : BINA/hDmp.
>hDmp ?? hoho.... it's a disk image format for jaguar (osx 10.2) no ?

I recently upgraded myself, MacOS 8.6 also, and I can confirm that it
works. Perhaps your browser didn't complete its work when downloading
the file? Perhaps it's your MIME type to creator/type mapper.
"BINA/hDmp" sounds like "binary/hexdump" to me. So it's just some
anonymous, likely unassociated binary file.

Do you have Stuffit Expander? Dropping the downloaded file (which is
supposed to be a .bin file) on it, might expend it to the actual
installer, which is a program.

   HTH,
   Bart.