develooper Front page | perl.macperl.porters | Postings from March 2003

[ macperl-Bugs-708832 ] Minor bugs in Archive::Tar when creating new archives

From:
SourceForge.net
Date:
March 24, 2003 06:56
Subject:
[ macperl-Bugs-708832 ] Minor bugs in Archive::Tar when creating new archives
Message ID:
E18xTaR-0000Fc-00@sc8-sf-web3.sourceforge.net
Bugs item #708832, was opened at 2003-03-24 16:10
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107940&aid=708832&group_id=7940

Category: Standard Library (Modules)
Group: Release 5.6.1r*

Initial Comment:
When trying to create a compressed tar file on Mac, I
discovered two small bugs in the MacPerl port of
Archive::Tar - I think it's that version that comes
with MacPerl5.6.1r2. These are:

 1) It looks like umask returns undef on MacPerl. I get
a warning for every time I invoke add_data:

	Use of unitialized value in integer subtraction (-)
	File "...:Archive:Tar.pm'; Line 785

A similar bug must reside in the routine add_files.

 2) When I call $tar->write('file.tgz', 1),  the
created archive file is of type 'TEXT' (actually a
BBEdit file) -- MacPerl's default for new files. This
is bound to give problems when trying to FTP this file
without thinking. But it isn't very Mac-friendly, anyway.

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be... my file
extensions to type/creator coupling seems to be using
"Gzip" for compressed, ".tgz" and ".gz" files, and
"TARF" for uncompressed ".tar" files.

The latter may even not be considered a bug, but an
annoyance.