develooper Front page | perl.macperl.porters | Postings from November 2002

Detecting a running ToolServer?

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
November 28, 2002 14:19
Subject:
Detecting a running ToolServer?
Message ID:
20021128221920.GC2974@ool-18b93024.dyn.optonline.net
I'd like either Test::Harness or Module::Build (not sure which) to try to
figure out if `$^X ...` is going to work on MacPerl so it can warn the user
that 'Build test' isn't going to work rather than simply vomit when it tries
to run the tests.  So is there a way to determine if ToolServer is running?
Or should I just do a `$^X -e 'print "Test"'` probe?

Perl Quality Assurance      <perl-qa@perl.org>         Kwalitee Is Job One
It wasn't false, just differently truthful.
        -- Abhijit Menon-Sen in <20011108180031.I29547@lustre.dyn.wiw.org>