develooper Front page | perl.macperl.porters | Postings from November 2002

[ macperl-Bugs-636926 ] Quit And Abort Doesn't.

From:
noreply
Date:
November 11, 2002 19:02
Subject:
[ macperl-Bugs-636926 ] Quit And Abort Doesn't.
Message ID:
E18BRJt-00067g-00@usw-sf-web1.sourceforge.net
Bugs item #636926, was opened at 2002-11-12 14:02
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=107940&aid=636926&group_id=7940

Category: MacPerl Application
Group: Release 5.6.1r*

Initial Comment:
I have a script which runs in a loop like:

while($finish !=1){
  [print some stuff]
  [wait for STDIN to $input]
  if($input eq "q\n"){
    $finish = 1;
  } else {
    [do something else]
  }
}

and the *only* way it can be quit is by typing q.

It can't be aborted with Command-period: MacPerl
contiunes to run and has to be force-quit.

If MacPerl is quit with the script still running, the
same happens: the "Quit (and abort current Perl
script)?" dialog comes up, but it doesn't quit and it
doesn't abort.

Is this a bug? Apologies if it isn't, or if this has
been mentioned. I can't see it in the current list.