develooper Front page | perl.macperl.forum | Postings from November 2003

Desktop Clearing

From:
Donald Plugge
Date:
November 11, 2003 06:24
Subject:
Desktop Clearing
Message ID:
005501c3a85f$761f5430$74e2289c@nci.nih.gov
I'm attempting to write a small utility to help clean up my desktop.  The idea is to rename desktop files to an "unsorted" folder for later review.  The trick is that not all desktop items are on the system disk.  I'm playing around with MacPerl::Volumes to get a list of devices, then I loop thru the volumes with glob() to get any "Desktop Folder" files.

My file spec doesn't seem to get the desktop files:

$spec = "$vol:Desktop Folder:*.*";

Before I go further, has anyone created this code already?

Thanks.

Don