develooper Front page | perl.macperl.announce | Postings from April 2001

perl 5.6.1

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
April 9, 2001 07:08
Subject:
perl 5.6.1
Message ID:
p05010403b6f77090bed8@[10.0.1.177]
perl 5.6.1 has been released, and the source has been Mac-ized and stuffed
and is on FTP.

	ftp://macperl.sourceforge.net//pub/macperl/

The current build instructions should work with this release.  There are
currently no additional patches (though there will be :-).  I will keep
perl on CVS synched with whatever patches I make, plus any changes to
maint-5.6/perl on the perforce repository.  However, on FTP, I will just
include the latest actual release, plus patches.

Occasionally I might release a .sit file with patches applied, but I might
not, unless there is a big cry for them.  Maybe I'll keep
perl-5.6.1.sit.bin, and perl-5.6.1-20010409.sit.bin or something, with all
patches (including xsubpp) applied.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/