develooper Front page | perl.macperl.announce | Postings from March 2001

MacPerl 5.6.1d2 Released

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
March 21, 2001 21:51
Subject:
MacPerl 5.6.1d2 Released
Message ID:
p05010400b6df40dd879b@[10.0.1.177]
OK, 5.6.1d2 is out.  Mostly changes to the build process, config.{h,sh,pm}
stuff is all done, lots of little things here and there.  It is almost 1
a.m. and I am not lucid.  I hope it turns out OK.  ;-)

Yes, this is based on perl-5.6.1-TRIAL3, but it is more recent than that
(the latest source for the repository as of this evening), and includes a
few MacPerl-specific patches to TRIAL3.

See http://macperl.sourceforge.net/ for more information and downloads.

For those who have already built MacPerl, you only need the perl and
MacPerl source distributions, not the external libs.  However, you should
get GUSI 216b2 (or later) to fix some bugs, though some older versions of
GUSI 2 (215, 214) should work.  216b2 still has a few bugs in it, I think
(you'll see warnings about non-text typemap files that you can ignore), but
it's fine for the build for now.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/