develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2006

HTML::Tree - literal attributes get escaped anyway

From:
Terrence Brannon
Date:
HTML::Tree - literal attributes get escaped anyway
Message ID:
a8e52b650601270819v7c491184hc79256fd3571ea0d@mail.gmail.com
I have added a test to the HTML-Tree svn and plan to post a fix by the
end of the day, but thought I would give everyone a heads up first.

The idea is that sometimes you want to toss a bit of javascript into
an attribute. For example, we want the onclick attribute to look like
this:

but that is currently impossible. It gets rendered like this:

If you try to set the attribute value to a super-literal, then the
object just gets stringified:

So my strategy is to recognize a super-literal and put
$literal->{text} in as the value of the attribute without calling the
encode_entities() routine.

That's all for now... more later (hopefully in an hour or two),
--
Play me in correspondence chess:
http://slowchess.com/profile.php?username=tbrannon