develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2006

Re: URI.pm error

From:
Nigel Horne
Date:
Re: URI.pm error
Message ID:
43D62C42.5010809@bandsman.co.uk
Gisle Aas wrote:
> Nigel Horne <njh@bandsman.co.uk> writes:
>

>>What are the circumstances under which this error appears, and what
>>can be done to avoid it?
>>
>>"Use of uninitialized value in substitution iterator at /usr/share/perl5/URI.pm line 76."
>

> What kind of statement do you find at this line?  What version of
> URI.pm do you have installed?

Man URI doesn't tell you the version, but running 'r' within CPAN shows
no updates available, so I must presume it is the most up to date
version.

I have two calls to URI in my code, it's difficult to tell which
is causing the error at the moment, but there are few calls to URI
in the code so it can't be that difficult to see:

[njh@njh cgi-bin]$ fgrep URI search.cgi
use URI;
         require URI::URL;
         $URI::ABS_REMOTE_LEADING_DOTS = 1;
         $URI::ABS_REMOTE_LEADING_DOTS = 1;
                                         $newurl = URI->new_abs($newurl,
$webdoc->base);
                                 my $nexturl = URI->new_abs($1 . ".htm",
$url);
                 $nexturl = URI->new_abs($nexturl, $base);
                         $title = $urltitles{$home} . ' (' .
URI->new($url)->path . ')';

> --Gisle

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Adjudicator, Band Trainer, Composer, Tutor,
Typesetter.