develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2003

Mechanize odd make request errors..

From:
Chris
Date:
December 2, 2003 06:44
Subject:
Mechanize odd make request errors..
Message ID:
NOEOKKNEFBALJDNKJIOLAEJCCLAA.chrisp3623@comcast.net
Greetings,

	I have a "bot" that I wrote using the mechanize module that does the
following to simulate users on my development platform:

Logs into the site via a form
Retrives main page
Follows a specific link
Follows more links
"Press's" a form button
Returns to the main page
Checks its work
Logs out
Loops

Every once in awhile at random times my bot dies with the following:

Can't call method "make_request" on an undefined value at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/WWW/Mechanize.pm line 636.

Im really kind of stumped here since its the same code, and the same web
pages over and over..

So, my question to the list is.. how can I trap this error and *not* have
the bot die because of this? Once this error appears, the bot gets killed
and thats it. Also, considering the web pages are static, the code is the
same, and each time the bot loops it uses the same code, what is this
error for??

Thanks in advance!!