develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from August 2003

Timer for file uploads

From:
Randall Perry
Date:
August 23, 2003 12:41
Subject:
Timer for file uploads
Message ID:
BB6D3B80.5955A%rgp@systame.com
Was searching through CPAN trying to find a timer that could provide
formatted output for elapsed time so I can time file uploads I'm automating
with WWW::Mechanize.

Found a timer function to use, Time::HiRes, but couldn't find anything that
could output elapsed time in format mm:ss.

I'm about to write my own code but wanted to ask if anyone knows a module
that can do this.

BTW, it may not be apropos, but it would be cool to have a built-in timer
method in LWP::UserAgent so requests and posts could be timed.

--
Randall Perry
sysTame

Xserve Web Hosting/Co-location