develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from August 2003

help with accessing <SELECT> lists with HTML::Form

From:
Mark Stosberg
Date:
August 22, 2003 14:18
Subject:
help with accessing <SELECT> lists with HTML::Form
Message ID:
20030822211732.GH71758@summersault.com
Hello,

I'm using HTML::Form as part of some automated website testing via
WWW::Mechanize.

I'm having trouble with a particular task with SELECT lists that seems
like it should be straight forward. I'm looking for suggestions and
sample code to solve this.

Here's what I want to do:

Given the name of the selection list, I want to randomly select one of
the items in the selection list, and return the value that was selected.

It sounds easy, but HTML::Form seems to be centered around the "OPTION"
tag, rather than the "SELECT" tag,

Anyone have a solution for this case?

Thanks!

	Mark