develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from June 2003

Re: Crypt::SSLeay usage with openssl engines

From:
Josh Chamas
Date:
June 17, 2003 11:50
Re: Crypt::SSLeay usage with openssl engines
Message ID:
3EEF62F8.9090707@chamas.com
Gilad Finkelstein wrote:
> Hi,
> My final goal is to run LWP over Crypt::SSLeay  where the crypto operations
> are done via a standard pkcs#11 engine supported in openssl 0.97
> I am now modifying the submitted pkcs#11 openssl engine
> (trustway-pkcs11-openssl-0.9.7.patch.gz) to accommodate any standard
> SmartCard or crypto hardware via the pkcs#11 interface.
> I have looked in the code of Crypt::SSLeay  and found no such support for
> openssl engines (or am I wrong )

Crypt::SSLeay does not explicitly support any openssl engines, however
that is not to say that it would not work with them or not.  It uses
the openssl APIs, so I imagine that since those APIs know how to use
the engine, then it will all work together nicely.

To see for yourself, once you have the openssl engine done, try
to build & run Crypt::SSLeay against it.

Regards,

Josh