develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from June 2003

RobotUA & LWP::Authen::Ntlm (Again)

From:
Syl
Date:
June 5, 2003 13:14
Subject:
RobotUA & LWP::Authen::Ntlm (Again)
Message ID:
0c0101c32b9e$f1909f40$6700a8c0@WISER
A while ago I posted a noted about getting the error "Can't locate object
method "authenticate" via package LWP::Authen::Ntlm" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 545." using RobotUA.

I received a couple of comments suggesting that I put an eval around the
offending call. However, I don't understand the internal workings of
UserAgent.pm. Can someone explain where the eval {} should go in the
UserAgent.pm modules so that I avoid trying to process all Ntlm security
pages?

Should UserAgent.pm be returning an error message when it cannot handle an
Ntlm security page instead of crashing the module?

Thanks
Syl