develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2003

Fairly quick question(s)

From:
Andy Fields
Date:
April 7, 2003 02:28
Subject:
Fairly quick question(s)
Message ID:
001f01c2fc91$399070a0$0200000a@lesage
Folks,

I've contacted my ISP to have installed or to check to see if my Unix
FreeBSD vps has the libwww-Perl module. I can't seem to find a LWP.pm.

I KNOW I have LWP::UserAgent and am at Perl 5.6.1. I have SSI installed.

For more re: my server's installation, go to www.lesage.com/cgi-bin/info.pl.

Once I DO have/know I have libWWW-Perl installed, I want to learn how to set
up "transparent redirects" from html pages ACCESSED BY HUMAN CLICKS, but
essentially IGNORED BY SEARCH ENGINE (SE) SPIDERS AND BOTS.

Question 1.

WHAT is the script syntax and location within the html page for the
non-SE-detected/rejected "transparent redirects" I want to set up?

Question 2.

If there are online resources that give me working examples to follow to do
what I'd like in Question 1 above, then kindly send me the link(s) instead.
As I read through the text of LWP.pm, my untrained-in-libwww-Perl eye did
NOT catch the syntax-creation protocol for "transparent redirects."

Thanks much for your help, advice, etc. at your earliest convenience.

Andy@LeSage.com
Santa Clara, CA