develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2003

[SOLVED] Re: make test failures, second try...

From:
Mattias.Borell
Date:
April 2, 2003 00:50
Subject:
[SOLVED] Re: make test failures, second try...
Message ID:
200304020848.h328mcjR006134@hactar.lub.lu.se
Found it! :->

When I built perl 5.8.0 (by hand, not CPAN) I didn't find an easy way
to let it be automatically installed as perl-5.8.0 (I'm sure there is one,
but I couldn't work it out). So, I let it build & install as 'perl',
and then changed the name to include the version, restoring the 'perl'
as a link to my previuos version.

The problem was in the Config.pm that the new install built - it
contained 2 references to '/usr/local/bin/perl', under the names
'perl5' and 'perlpath'. Modified these, and make test passed all tests
without any trouble.

Found this out after running LWP's TEST-script under the debugger, where
I saw how Test::Harness read data from Config.pm.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I was really confused for a while! :->

/Mattias