develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from April 2003

cookie password authentication

From:
Mike Clark
Date:
April 1, 2003 12:30
Subject:
cookie password authentication
Message ID:
008a01c2f88d$a921b170$0100a8c0@nicky
We have developed a simple perl spider that takes a list of urls and
downloads all the pages on the list, writing the downloaded pages to a
directory.

Happy to share the script, just let me know.

This script requires LWP::UserAgent, HTTP::Request, and HTTP::Response

When a username/password is required to access a page, and it can be
inserted in the individual url through the GET protocol, no problem.

However with some .asp pages, the username/password are read from cookies,
not from the location field.

Has anybody figured a workaround for this situation?  Is there another
module and/or script that can be used to provide cookie-based password
authentication?

Thanks

Mike Clark
nuts@coconutisland.com