develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

Error running network script( malformed header)

From:
Soumyadeep nandi
Date:
March 28, 2003 00:46
Subject:
Error running network script( malformed header)
Message ID:
20030328065039.55981.qmail@web21305.mail.yahoo.com
Hi All,

I am running a program that sends a request to the
server (i.e. in sun solaris) and the server should run
a system command and send me back the result.
But my program is ending up with the error flushing in
my screen is "500 Internal Server Error", and in error
log is as follows:

[Fri Mar 28 11:53:28 2003] [error] [client
203.90.127.104] malformed header from script. Bad
header=BLASTN 2.2.4 [Aug-26-2002]:
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/local/file3.cgi
Name "main::FH" used only once: possible typo at
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/local/file3.cgi line 4.

The system command is some what as follows:
"./blastall -p <program_name> -d <database> -i
<input_file>".
This should flush the results on my screen. If I run
only "./blastall" I receive the response asking for
the required arguments.

Moreover, if I send the request to localhost(i.e. in
linux) I receives the response properly(i.e. the
desired output), even if I send request to some other
linux machine I receives the response properly.

I am using perl 5.6.1 in all of the systems(linux as
well as in sun solaris).

I dont have any problem to access the input file as I
can read the file and get the response containing the
whole content of the file.

Could you please suggest me any solution for this.
If there is any way to change the header.

Looking forward for your suggestions,

With regards,
Soumyadeep