develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

Where are current list archives?

From:
Mike Simons
Date:
March 23, 2003 23:15
Subject:
Where are current list archives?
Message ID:
20030324071527.GR3228@moria.simons-clan.com
Hello,

  The Sourceforge project page (http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwww-perl/)
has a home page for libwww-perl (http://www.linpro.no/lwp/), which says
the mailing list archives are at the following URLs:

===
  http://www.ics.uci.edu/pub/websoft/libwww-perl/archive/
  http://www.egroups.com/group/libwww-perl/
===

  Both of those archives appear to end in 2001.

- Where are the current archives for this project?

  I'm having problems getting the Net::HTTP module to request and
transfer Content-encoded (gzip) data streams.  I've change the code to
request the content correctly so that mod_gzip in apache will send
compressed streams, but when it arrives at user level it's is still
compressed.

  I'm reading over some documentation Gisle Aas wrote
(http://www.linpro.no/lwp/lwpng-paper/) about future design for this
module... but I don't know enough to know why HTTP/1.1 would be required
to fix this.

- Is content-encoded (gzip or deflate) mode supposed to work?
- If yes, where can I find the source for a working version?

    Thanks,
      Mike Simons