develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

Re: lwp-download disappeared?

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: lwp-download disappeared?
Message ID:
lrr894zj9h.fsf@caliper.activestate.com
Tom Horsley <Tom.Horsley@ccur.com> writes:

> A while back I installed all the latest and greatest perl (5.8.0) and lots
> of the newest version of modules at the time as well.
>
> This included libwww-perl-5.65
>
> I now find that lwp-download is missing from my installation tree (GET,
> HEAD, and POST got installed, but no lwp-download).
>
> Is this a deliberate omission?

No.  The 'Makefile.PL' will prompt for which programs to install, with
a default of yes.  The lwp-download programs is certainly still there.

$ perl Makefile.PL </dev/null

This package comes with some sample programs that I can try
to install in /local/perl/ap633/bin.

   Note that you can avoid these questions by passing
   the '-n' option to 'Makefile.PL'.

Do you want to install lwp-request? [y] y
Do you want to install lwp-mirror? [y] y
Do you want to install lwp-rget? [y] y
Do you want to install lwp-download? [y] y

The lwp-request program will use the name it is invoked with to
determine what HTTP method to use.  I can set up alias for the most
common HTTP methods.  These alias are also installed in
/local/perl/ap633/bin.

Do you want to install the GET alias? [y] y
Do you want to install the HEAD alias? [y] y
Do you want to install the POST alias? [y] y

Checking for URI........... ok
Checking for HTML::Parser.. ok
Checking for MIME::Base64.. ok
Checking for Net::FTP...... ok