develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

lwp-download disappeared?

From:
Tom Horsley
Date:
March 18, 2003 06:00
Subject:
lwp-download disappeared?
Message ID:
200303181349.NAA04764@amber2.ccur.com
A while back I installed all the latest and greatest perl (5.8.0) and lots
of the newest version of modules at the time as well.

This included libwww-perl-5.65

I now find that lwp-download is missing from my installation tree (GET,
HEAD, and POST got installed, but no lwp-download).

Is this a deliberate omission? A bug in MakeMaker on my platform? Old
news I'd already know about if I paid attention to the mailing lists?
Just curious about what is going on here. Thanks for any enlightenment
you can provide.