develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

[TAN] Re: Why doesn't this script work?

From:
Rick Measham
Date:
March 12, 2003 00:53
Subject:
[TAN] Re: Why doesn't this script work?
Message ID:
BA94DB3F.F80%rickm@iSite.net.au

In article Mahogany-0.64.2-6451-20021230-204020.00@ix.netcom.com, Michael A
Chase at mchase@ix.netcom.com wrote on 31/12/02 3:40 pm:
> ??? How can Internet Explorer execute a Perl script?  At most it can
> request a URL from a webserver which in turn runs the script.

I know this isn't the point of this list/group but it occurred to me that
I'd like a Plugin for browsers to allow them to understand urls like:
perl://path/to/script.pl

They'd then execute the script and display the results in the browser, just
as if it had been called from a server.