develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

Re: HTTP::Cookies

From:
John J Lee
Date:
Re: HTTP::Cookies
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.44.0303041750250.1440-100000@alice
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Hytham Shehab wrote:

> hi guys,
>     am haveing trouble setting up my cookies using this module, and
> particularly i don't understand how to use the set and scan routines.
> if anyone can point me to a good tutorial i will be greatfull.

What are you actually trying to do?  As Sean suggests, it's unlikely you
actually need to use these methods.

set_cookie, IIRC, just allows you to manually set a cookie, and takes a
list of cookie data for a single cookie (name, value, ...).  You probably
just want to call extract_cookies, though (and a UserAgent object will do
that for you, so you don't even need to do that).  Use scan if you want to
iterate over all the cookies in a cookie jar, for whatever reason -- it
just calls a function you provide for every cookie, with a list of cookie
data as argument.

All this is in the POD, I don't know why I'm restating it (possibly with
inaccuracies)...

John