develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from March 2003

LWP::Simple UA

From:
Francis Turner
Date:
LWP::Simple UA
Message ID:
3E63AE46.2070104@biocatalysis.com
I'm writing a CGI script that needs to do one thing if the UA is my perl
script and something else if its not. Since the perlscript just needs to
"get" the value I was planinng on using LWP::Simple and checking the UA
string in my CGI script.

The simplest check is to see if the UA is right so I need to know:
Are there any plans on changing the LWP::Simple user agent name from its
current lwp-trivial/?.?? format?

Thanks

Francis

--
Francis Turner, CIO Juelich Enzyme Products GmbH
turner@biocatalysis.com - http://www.biocatalysis.com

Enzymes are things invented by biologists that explain things which
otherwise require harder thinking.                -- Jerome Lettvin