develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from February 2003

how to fetch https pages

From:
Lance
Date:
February 11, 2003 01:21
Subject:
how to fetch https pages
Message ID:
20030211084530.50400.qmail@onion.perl.org
What modules have to be installed for LWP::UserAgent to read SSL pages?  I
have been trying to install Crypt-SSLeay, but I keep getting the message:
'Error: no suitable installation target found for package Crypt-SSLeay.'

I am using ActiveState 5.6.1-build 633 on win XP

I have been trying to use ppm3 to do the install, is there a way to get it
to list dependances of modules you are trying to install?  The docs say that
it will automatically install dependant modules, but it does not seem to be
working for me!