develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2002

robot/rules-dbm test installing HTTP::Date fails

From:
Greg Matheson
Date:
January 27, 2002 21:13
Subject:
robot/rules-dbm test installing HTTP::Date fails
Message ID:
20020128131703.A97550@ms.chinmin.edu.tw
I am installing LWP using CPAN on cygwin and all other tests are OK.

The error message says that it can't open test-1653609:
Permission denied at robot/rules-dbm line9

Line 9 is the constructor for the WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File
object here:

	use WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File;

	$file = "test-$$";

	$r = new WWW::RobotRules::AnyDBM_File "myrobot/2.0", $file;

	$r->parse("http://www.aas.no/robots.txt", "");

	$r->visit("www.aas.no:80");

I have the perl function, tie working fine with the GDBM_File
module version 1.05 installed.

I didn't try to force the install. I would like to get the test
not to fail. What do I try to do this?

--
Greg Matheson                Autonomous language learning:
Chinmin College              My next project after overseeing