develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2002

Need Help On Installation of libwww Module

From:
Weifeng Wang
Date:
January 22, 2002 10:43
Subject:
Need Help On Installation of libwww Module
Message ID:
BIEAIMIOBNGFEBGGFIJPCEIICAAA.Weifeng.Wang@bioinfogroup.com
Hi There,

I am trying to install the libwww module and other pre-required modules and
got the following error:

# /usr/ccs/bin/make
cc -c   -xO3 -xdepend     -DVERSION=\"2.12\"  -DXS_VERSION=\"2.12\" -KPIC -I
/usc
sh: cc: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `Base64.o'

It looks like I do not have a cc compiler, but I do have a gcc compiler.  I
would appreciate very much if someone could give me instructions on how to
solve this problem or let me know where I can get help on such issue.  Thank
you very much in advance.

Weifeng Wang
Bio-Informatics Group, Inc.
2000 Regency Parkway, Suite 395