develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2002

Re: Fixing opening/closing tags.

From:
Sean M. Burke
Date:
Re: Fixing opening/closing tags.
Message ID:
3.0.6.32.20020108225549.00908160@mail.spinn.net
At 19:13 2002-01-08 -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
>[...]
>I call objectify_text() and then I can easily run through the ~text
>segments.
>
>My thought was to make passes through the ~text, removing text as needed
>(any text from [1st, 2nd, etc.] " --" onwards), remove nodes with a single,
>empty/undefined text segment, and then use as_HTML.

(remember to call deobjectify_text() before as_HTML)

>But that seems way too awkward.

It sounds like a fine way to do this.  What you have in mind is an
inherently complex task, and this is the most straightforward
implementation of it.

--
Sean M. Burke    sburke@cpan.org    http://www.spinn.net/~sburke/