develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2002

HTTPS timeout

From:
Agostino di Salle
Date:
January 7, 2002 10:54
Subject:
HTTPS timeout
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.10.10201071908360.23905-100000@net.fineco.it
Hello,
  I'm trying to use LWP to monitor https server but it seems not possible
to use timeout due to the ovverride of the blocking method of class
IO::Socket made by Net::HTTPS.pm

This override prevents the socket from becoming non-blocking and so the
connect system call or the request method of http.pm never timeouts.

I have the same problem with the lwp-request script if I use the -t option
with https protocol.

I have tried both perl 5.6.0 and perl 5.6.1.

Any idea to solve the problem?

Best regards,
Agostino di Salle