develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from January 2002

Re: installing libwww on win9x box

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
Re: installing libwww on win9x box
Message ID:
lrlmfays10.fsf@caliper.activestate.com
"Mike McCue" <mccuem1@msn.com> writes:

> May sound lame, but I cannot find information on installing libwww on
> a win9x box.  I am using ActivePerl 5.6.1.630.  The only thing that is
> hanging me up is that the instructions are telling me to do the normal
> make routine, but win doesn't use make.
>
> So, how does one go about using libwww on a win box ?

ActivePerl comes with libwww-perl out of the box, but it might not
always be the newest and greatest.  One Windows 'make' is called
'nmake' just to be different.

Regards,
Gisle