develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

Re: Does URI-1.17 work? How????

From:
Fred Koschara
Date:
Re: Does URI-1.17 work? How????
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.1.20011230185239.00a45ec0@L5Development.com
At 03:08 PM 12/30/01 -0800, Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com> wrote:
>Fred Koschara <wfredk@L5Development.com> writes:
>
> > I'm trying to install mod_perl for Apache 1.3.22 on FreeBSD4.4 with
> Perl5.6.1.
><...>
> > Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you
> forgot to
> > load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 253.
> > *** Error code 255
>
>This probably means that the test code assumes that it URI::URL will
>have been loaded as a side effect of loading LWP.  With recent
>versions of LWP this is no longer the case.

It would be nice if there were some indication of this significant change,
and the steps necessary to deal with it.

> > Or is there something wrong with mod_perl and/or its test code?
>
>That's my guess.  Try to add a 'use URI::URL' statement to the module
>that tries to instantiate URI::URL objects.

Oops.  I only put "use URI;" in when I was modifying the file.  Putting in
the whole "URI::URL" string made it work...

So it turns out, yes, there's something wrong with the mod_perl test
code:  Both blib/lib/Apache/test.pm and t/internal/hooks.t had to be
modified to include a "use URI:URL;" statement.

Thanks, Gisle, for the info.

-- Fred Koschara, President
    L5 Development Group
For private sector (commercial) space development, visit
	http://www.L5Development.com
L5 Software Development - "out of this world" sites and software
	http://www.L5Software.com
StudioLines.com - Your place on the Internet for local music
	Music, feedback, connections. Tap the power of the Internet!
	http://www.StudioLines.com
How much did your last traffic ticket cost you?
	http://www.StopHighwayRobbery.com
ThmIndxr(tm), the *only* HTML thumbnail/indexer you need!
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?ThmIndxr
wCapLock(tm), makes CapsLock work like it does on a typewriter
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?wCapLock
KeywordGo(tm), provides keyword access to your popular pages
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?KeywordGo
BannerAds(tm), join multiple affiliate programs with one banner
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?BannerAds
My personal Web page is http://www.L5Development.com/wfredk
	Stop by some time!