develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

Does URI-1.17 work? How????

From:
Fred Koschara
Date:
December 30, 2001 14:54
Subject:
Does URI-1.17 work? How????
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.1.20011230173238.00a53ba0@L5Development.com
I'm trying to install mod_perl for Apache 1.3.22 on FreeBSD4.4 with Perl5.6.1.
I got libwww-perl and all of the modules needed to support it, and installed
them using the standard perl Makefile.PL; make; make test; make install.  The
supporting modules all seemed to be installed properly, so I went back to
building mod_perl-1.26.  I finally got the make to work, but when I do a
make test, this results:

   ====================== begin test output ==============================
.../apache_1.3.22/src/httpd -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -X -d `pwd`/t &
httpd listening on port 8529
will write error_log to: t/logs/error_log
letting apache warm up...\c
done
/usr/bin/perl t/TEST 0
Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI::URL" (perhaps you forgot to
load "URI::URL"?) at ../blib/lib/Apache/test.pm line 253.
*** Error code 255

Stop in /software/Apache/mod_perl-1.26.
   ======================= end test output ===============================

I looked in the /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-freebsd/auto/URI/
directory, and all that was in there was the .packlist file - no .so or .bs
files such as are in the HTML/Parser directory.  Not only that, but there
isn't a URI.so or URI.bs anywhere on my system.  Thus, it appears the URI
make and install didn't.  Is there something unobvious going on here I need
to be aware of?

Or is there something wrong with mod_perl and/or its test code?

Pointers, please? or clues of some sort?

I wouldn't be doing anything with mod_perl in the first place, except it seems
to be necessary for reporting Nimda scans to infected hosts using tools that
are being discussed in the Apache Users List:  I'm only installing mod_perl on
my system to help clean up the Internet, not because I expect to be using it
for anything else on my sites.

Any help will be appreciated.  TIA

-- Fred Koschara, President
    L5 Development Group
For private sector (commercial) space development, visit
	http://www.L5Development.com
L5 Software Development - "out of this world" sites and software
	http://www.L5Software.com
StudioLines.com - Your place on the Internet for local music
	Music, feedback, connections. Tap the power of the Internet!
	http://www.StudioLines.com
How much did your last traffic ticket cost you?
	http://www.StopHighwayRobbery.com
ThmIndxr(tm), the *only* HTML thumbnail/indexer you need!
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?ThmIndxr
wCapLock(tm), makes CapsLock work like it does on a typewriter
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?wCapLock
KeywordGo(tm), provides keyword access to your popular pages
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?KeywordGo
BannerAds(tm), join multiple affiliate programs with one banner
	http://www.L5Software.com/go?BannerAds
My personal Web page is http://www.L5Development.com/wfredk
	Stop by some time!