develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

PERL Gurus: Help needed !!

From:
Deepak Adinarayana
Date:
PERL Gurus: Help needed !!
Message ID:
20011221215909.17767.qmail@mailFA3.rediffmail.com

Hi All,

I am a graduate student and I need your help for a particular project I am doing in PERL !! I know if there is anyone who cud help me with PERL I cud find them here !! Basically,I am doing a webscraping tool which will help me parse a complete bulletin board,like a Yahoo egroup site and store all the messages in a particular hierarchy - as it appears in the "Threadwise" display of all the messages..Basically I need to parse each page and need to have the information abt the person mailing,the immediate person to whom he is responding and the initiator  of the topic.I saw "webpluck" as a potential tool but that too is too very rigid for this application.Could any of you gimme some ideas on how to proceed or gimme information abt any such tool already existing!! I will be grateful and thanks in advance.It will be a fabulous learning experience for me..

Cheers,

Deepak.