develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

patch against libwww-perl-5.50.tar.gz

From:
Jeff Cours
Date:
December 19, 2001 16:12
Subject:
patch against libwww-perl-5.50.tar.gz
Message ID:
3C20F2D8.9F344D34@routescience.com
Apologies for sending a patch against an older version, but, due to some
reasons too complicated to go into, I can't currently use cutting-edge
code. This patch makes timeouts optional. Under Perl 5.00503, I was
getting an error because that version of Perl doesn't support socket
timeouts. This patch modifies LWP::Protocol::http::_new_socket() so that
it doesn't try to set the socket's Timeout option if the timeout value
is 0 or undefined.

To apply it,

tar xvzf libwww-perl-5.50.tar.gz
cd libwww-perl-5.50
patch -Np0 < libwww-perl-5.50-patch1

Since I'm not on the libwww list, please explicitly copy me on any
replies you'd like me to see.

thanks,
Jeff