develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

LWP 5.63 robot/ua.t fails on Solaris 8

From:
Blair Zajac
Date:
December 16, 2001 01:05
Subject:
LWP 5.63 robot/ua.t fails on Solaris 8
Message ID:
3C1C639C.806368F6@orcaware.com
Using a brand new compile of ActiveState Perl build 630 source code (that I
compiled myself) on Solaris 8 using gcc 3.0.2, running make test fails on LWP
5.63's robot/ua.t:

When I add the following lines to the top of the robot/ua.t:

    use lib '../blib/lib';
    use lib '../blib/arch';
    use LWP::Debug qw(+);

and then do

% cd t
% perl -w robot/ua.t

I get:

1..7
LWP::MediaTypes::read_media_types: Reading media types from
.../blib/lib/LWP/media.types
Will access HTTP server at http://zepto:34288/
LWP::UserAgent::new: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Host is not visited before, or robots.txt expired.
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Requesting http://zepto:34288/robots.txt
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://zepto:34288/robots.txt
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
HTTP Server terminated

and then it hangs indefinitely.

On my RedHat 7.2 box I get:

Will access HTTP server at http://it1:33269/
LWP::UserAgent::new: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Host is not visited before, or robots.txt expired.
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Requesting http://it1:33269/robots.txt
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://it1:33269/robots.txt
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::collect: read 34 bytes
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: OK
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Parsing robot rules
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Must wait 3 seconds
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://it1:33269/someplace
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::collect: read 7 bytes
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: OK
ok 1
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Forbidden
ok 2
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Must wait 3 seconds
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://it1:33269/foo
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::collect: read 53 bytes
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Not Found
ok 3
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: Must wait 60 seconds
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Service Unavailable
ok 4
Terminating server...
LWP::UserAgent::request: ()
LWP::RobotUA::simple_request: ()
LWP::UserAgent::send_request: GET http://it1:33269/quit
LWP::UserAgent::_need_proxy: Not proxied
LWP::Protocol::http::request: ()
LWP::Protocol::collect: read 81 bytes
LWP::UserAgent::request: Simple response: Service Unavailable
ok 5
ok 6
ok 7

Would this have anything to do with the recent blocking socket changes?

I don't have time to help track this down, but if you want me to test patches,
then I'll gladly do that.

Best,
Blair

--