develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from December 2001

RE: HEAD https://foo/ and 'not supported'

From:
Steve Sapovits
Date:
RE: HEAD https://foo/ and 'not supported'
Message ID:
579B32D292E1D411BC3A00508BF30C5001470CC9@GSI-NT11

Does anyone maintain a list of which OpenSSL/Crypt::SSLeay/LWP
versions work together on which platforms?  I know that's probably
asking for a lot but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

I do use the three together but I've had many different types of
problems trying to use more recent versions of each.  I invariably
have to back off one or the other a few versions to get them to
play well together.

I'm on Solaris.  Right now, I'm working but I get errors from
LWP::UserAgent under some load conditions.  UserAgent's header
shows this version:

# $Id: UserAgent.pm,v 1.77 2001/03/14 20:48:19 gisle Exp $

Periodically I get this error:

Can't call method "request" on an undefined value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/LWP/UserAgent.pm line 227.

If I change line 215 from this:

   if ($@)

to this:

   if ($@ || !defined($response) )

I just get an internal server error I can recover from.  But it
would seem to indicate a socket read issue with the underlying SSL
code somewhere -- the code in the eval is resulting in an undefined
$response sometimes without setting $@.

----
Steve Sapovits
Global Sports Interactive