develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Re: 500 Read error

From:
William R Ward
Date:
November 30, 2001 01:29
Re: 500 Read error
Message ID:
m2u1vddo33.fsf@komodo.home.wards.net
beyondcontrol@runbox.com (Beyond Control Inc.) writes:
> Unfortunatly, if I start it now it *will* work for 10 hours, then die.
>
> This is why I find this to be so weird, since I look like IE5, and I always
> create a new UserAgent object so that I won't get cookied or anything like
> that...

Try cranking up the rate to every 10 seconds and watching memory usage
using something like "top".  You probably have some kind of memory
leak.  Consider using a cron job instead of a daemon for this?

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net          http://www.wards.net/~bill/