develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Re: 500 Read error

From:
William R Ward
Date:
November 29, 2001 04:56
Re: 500 Read error
Message ID:
m2667uk1bg.fsf@komodo.home.wards.net
beyondcontrol@runbox.com (Beyond Control Inc.) writes:
> I've written a small script that fetches a page every 10 minutes.
>
> After 12-14 hours, it suddenly stops fetching the page, say there's a read error (500)

Is this something that works once you start it up again?  Or did it
work for a while and now you can't get it to work anymore?  If the
latter, it could be that the web administrators noticed your script
and blocked it.  Some web site owners don't like people slurping their
data when the ads or copyright notices might not be slurped as well.

--Bill.

--
William R Ward            bill@wards.net          http://www.wards.net/~bill/