develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

500 Read error

From:
Beyond Control Inc.
Date:
November 28, 2001 13:10
Subject:
500 Read error
Message ID:
000e01c17852$0d668b00$51a1003e@nevermind
I've written a small script that fetches a page every 10 minutes.

After 12-14 hours, it suddenly stops fetching the page, say there's a read error (500)

I've read about similar problems, but they don't apply here because:

1) I have a wonderful connection to the site I'm fetching, and the timeout is definitly not reached (I get the error in 10 seconds).

2) I'm issuing a GET request that looks exactly like IE5. all the relevant headers are there.

3) It does work for several hours, and then dies. I'm creating a new LWP::Useragent object each time I access the web.

Anybody?