develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

My last email may have had a virus

From:
Lisa Seeman
Date:
November 27, 2001 00:23
Subject:
My last email may have had a virus
Message ID:
033201c17770$47663e50$5a94003e@dev1
I have been infected with a nasty virus called badtrans@mm
It sent itself to any email address from my inbox, sometimes using the same subject line and sometimes makes up new ones.

You do not have to open the attachment to become infected. Opening the email will do it.

If you are infected try looking at
http://vil.nai.com/vil/virusSummary.asp?virus_k=99069
or
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.badtrans.13312@mm.html

I recommend that you firewall your computer ASAP.

Feel free to ask me any further questions about cleaning up your system. It is a nastier one so I recommended getting on with it.

Please accept my apologies.

All the best,

Lisa Seeman

1866 654 8680