develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Re: libwww-perl-5.62

From:
Unknown Sender
Date:
November 23, 2001 15:30
Re: libwww-perl-5.62
Message ID:
24190000.1006558120@jost

After upgrading from 5.60 to 5.62 today, my cookies are failing.
I suspected it was related to the Change in 5.61, ie

    LWP::UserAgent: Don't forward 'Cookie' headers on redirect.
    Patch by Steve A Fink <steve@fink.com>.

It looks as though if redirected, the Cookie headers are
dropped (this from line 466 of UserAgent.pm )

>    $referral->remove_header('Host', 'Cookie');
>    return $response unless $self->redirect_ok($referral);

If I remove 'Cookie' from the remove_header call everything
works as it did in 5.60.

I take it if I want the Cookie back in the header I'm suppose
to set it again in the 'redirect_ok' subroutine ?

The domain I'm getting redirected to isn't different, so
shouldn't the cookies persist ?

Jerry Veldhuis                                           jerry@matilda.com