develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

500-Cannot determine protocol (rehash)

From:
William R. Ellis
Date:
November 23, 2001 01:41
Subject:
500-Cannot determine protocol (rehash)
Message ID:
NEBBKGGHCLLLHAOODGKFOEIFCJAA.wrellis@gru.net

I am having configuration trouble on an NT2000 server.  Unfortunately, I do
not
have root access and those that do scratch their heads with this problem.  I
found
an old thread dealing with this problem but not enough info to help them
find
a solution.

Here is the problem snippet:

	require LWP;
	require LWP::UserAgent;

	#snip

	my $ua = new LWP::UserAgent;
	$ua->agent('bot name ' . $ua->agent);
	$ua->from  ('some email');
	$ua->timeout([180]);

	my $recForcast = new HTTP::Request('GET', 'A-URL');
	$recForcast->header('Accept' => 'text/html');
	$recForcast->content_type('application/x-www-form-urlencoded');
	my $res_forcast = $ua->request($recForcast);

	$status = res_forcast->status_line;

	# status_line contains the error string shown:
	# 500 Can't connect to A-URL:80 (Cannot determine protocol)

Earlier threads refer to permission problem with etc/protocols
and IO::Socket::INET. (via Gisle)  The tech at the ISP can't
find any of these even though "use IO::Socket" doesn't fail.

Any ideas on an NT IIS server??

Thanks, Will