develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Prototype mismatch error

From:
KEVIN ZEMBOWER
Date:
November 19, 2001 08:34
Subject:
Prototype mismatch error
Message ID:
sbf8ee35.029@ccp2.jhuccp.org
Within the last couple of weeks, I'm getting errors in perl scripts that I could have sworn worked perfectly before.

When I execute my program, I get:
Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($) at ./mail2friend.pl line 31

Yet, even after this, the program seems to execute normally. Line 31 is just "use LWP::Simple ;"

I can run simple one-liners like "perl -MLWP::Simple -e 'getprint "http://www.jhuccp.org/index.stm"' "without a problem.

I've installed libwww version 5.61 using the manual "make Makefile.PL ..." system, rather than directly using CPAN. My script also uses the CGI module. I also just installed the CGI version 2.78 module. Didn't change error.

Any suggestions on how to proceed to clean this up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Kevin Zembower

-----
E. Kevin Zembower
Unix Administrator
Johns Hopkins University/Center for Communications Programs
111 Market Place, Suite 310
Baltimore, MD  21202
410-659-6139