develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Net::HTTP restructuring

From:
Steve Fink
Date:
November 17, 2001 03:28
Net::HTTP restructuring
Message ID:
20011116183806.I16204@foxglove.digital-integrity.com
Quoting Gisle Aas (gisle@ActiveState.com):
> Steve Fink <steve@fink.com> writes:
>
> > In fact, I think I'll pester you directly for the next thing -- I was
> > just wondering if you had any plans to change Net::HTTP (as you
> > threaten in the documentation). If so, let me put in a feature request.
>
> I think the interface is pretty good now and will basically stay that
> way.

Good, I don't want the interface to change. The _rbuf method is the
only one that makes me nervous, but it's probably necessary as long as
IO::Handles can't unget?

> What I suggest is this:
..
..
..
> In this way it should be easy to reuse this stuff anyway you like.
>
> Does this sound like a plan?

Sounds good to me!

> Can anybody suggest a better name than 'Net::HTTP::Methods'?

Net::HTTP::Protocol? ::Process?