develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from November 2001

Re: Chunked request transfer-encoding in LWP

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
November 5, 2001 13:43
Re: Chunked request transfer-encoding in LWP
Message ID:
lr668ohp2f.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.Coar@Golux.Com> writes:

> I'm trying to find documentation on how to force a request
> content-body to be chunked, and your name came up.  Can
> you point me to any documentation on how to do this in
> LWP?

It should happen if you put a code reference as the content of the
request.  The code will be called until it returns an empty string (or
undef) and each chunk it returns will be passed to the server using
the Transfer-Encoding: chunked.

Chunked encoding will not be enabled if the request header has the
'Content-Length' set.

Regards,
Gisle