develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

Re: [soaplite] (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using Soap or Soap::Lite?

From:
Gisle Aas
Date:
October 30, 2001 09:13
Re: [soaplite] (Perl) WWW-Authenticate: NTLM using Soap or Soap::Lite?
Message ID:
lr4rohhx2t.fsf@caliper.ActiveState.com
Bill Jones <sneex@fccj.org> writes:

> On 10/26/01 2:56 PM, "Gisle Aas" <gisle@activestate.com> wrote:
>
> > "Dana Powers" <dana@tanisconsulting.com> writes:
> >
> >> This is a transport issue, and not impacted by SOAP as far as I can tell -
>
> >> LWP::Authen::NTLM.pm. If you're interested in implementing it yourself,
> >> there is protocol information here: http://www.innovation.ch/java/ntlm.html
>

> > I would be very happy if somebody could contribute this module.
>
> As I am the one who needs it soonest, I am working on it as fast as my
> little Perl fingers will go  :)

There is now an NTLM module on CPAN by Mark Bush [1].  I would think
that building on it should simplify the task of writing
LWP::Authen::NTLM considerably.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/search?dist=NTLM

Regards,
Gisle