develooper Front page | perl.libwww | Postings from October 2001

HTML::Parser question

From:
ADJE WebMail Technical Support Team
Date:
October 30, 2001 03:58
HTML::Parser question
Message ID:
200110300548.WAA01490@mail.dobsons.net
Question: How do I extract the plain text from an HTML file, or, put
another way, how do I remove the html markups, just leaving the plain
text?  I have looked at the example provided in HTML::Parser, in
particular

HTML-Parser-3.25/eg/htext

which comes close to what I need, however, I would like to store the
plain text in a variable, as opposed to having it to STDOUT (standard
output).... any ideas??

ADJE WebMail Technical Support
http://www.adjeweb.com
support@adjeweb.com

-->> FREE Perl CGI scripts add WEB ACCESS to your
-->> POP E-Mail accounts! Download today!! http://www.adjeweb.com